Google Ads Linking
Linking your Google Ads account to your Analytics property lets you see the full customer cycle, from how users interact with your marketing (e.g., seeing ad impressions, clicking ads) to how they finally complete the goals you’ve set for them on your site (e.g., making purchases, consuming content).
If you have active campaigns on Google Ads it is recommended link accounts to better reports. if you do not link your accounts yet, do it.
These configurations are valid only for Google Analytics v3 Properties.
Link Google Ads and Analytics
The linking wizard makes it easy to link your Google Ads account(s) to multiple views of your Analytics property. If you have multiple Analytics properties that want to link to your Google Ads account(s), complete the linking process for each property.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin and navigate to the property you want to link.
- In the Property column, click Google Ads Linking.
- Click + New link group.
- Select the Google Ads accounts you want to link, then click Continue.
- Enter a link group title.
- Turn linking ON for each view in the property in which you want Google Ads data.
- Optionally, select Enable Google Display Network Impression Reporting to also include that data in each view.
- If you've already enabled auto-tagging in your Google Ads accounts, or if you want to let the linking process automatically enable auto-tagging in your Google Ads accounts, skip to the next step.
- Click Link accounts.
Congratulations! Your accounts are now linked. If you opted to use auto-tagging (recommended), Analytics will start automatically associating your Google Ads data with customer clicks.
Learn more on Link/unlink Google Ads and Analytics.